For those who want to install Windows 10 IoT but don’t want to install Windows 10 follow the steps below:
- Insert the SD card where you want to install Windows 10 IoT
- Format it to FAT32 if needed.
- You can use SD Formatter: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/eula_windows/
- Download Windows 10 IoT https://ms-iot.github.io/content/en-US/Downloads.htm
- Unzip the downloaded ISO and you should see a file called Flash.ffu
- Download the Windows 10 ADK at the end of this page: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/dn913721.aspx
- If you run into some problems installing that version try this one: http://t.co/T3Bh2NAkpY
- Search for Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer in your installed programs and run it.
- Where it says deploy (top left corner right under the title bar) click on the down arrow and select the device where you want to install Windows 10 IoT (either a USB drive where your SD card is or a removable drive if you have one in your computer.)
- Click on deploy.
- Select the Flash.ffu file you downloaded before and click open.
- Click next.
- Make sure the target disk is correct and click next.
- Click Flash.
After a few minutes you should have Windows 10 IoT installed in your SD card and you can now try it on your Raspberry Pi 2.