Find the new CLIArgsMadeEasy version here.
Improved version of the CLI Args Made Easy for Visual Studio 2005 and 2008.
Visual Studio Add-in that puts the project’s command line arguments more accessible.
Command Line Arguments Made Easy (CLIArgsMadeEasy) is a Visual Studio Add-in that eases the access and change of the startup project’s command line arguments. Instead of having to go to project properties or instead of using the command window to run your program with different arguments, CLIArgsMadeEasy adds a field in the toolbar for you to edit and saves everything you enter. A button is also added that opens a console window in the project’s working directory or home directory (if there’s no working directory set for this project).
- More stable and faster than it’s predecessor CLIArgsMadeEasy.
- Rapidly change startup project’s command line arguments in toolbar.
- Saves command arguments history per user per machine.
- Open console window in working directory or project’s directory (if there’s no working directory set).
- Easily set a new startup project in the toolbar.
- v1.3 – fixed bug that prevented resizing the CLIArgs input box.
- v1.2 – added new combo box to easily choose a new startup project.
- v1.1 – fixed bug parsing solutions with projects inside project folders.
Note: to resize the add-in input boxes you can click on the toolbar options button on the right and choose: “Add or Remove Buttons”->“Customize”. Then select the input box you want to change and choose “Modify Selection” and set the width as you like.
- Doesn’t work with XBox 360 projects.
I’d really appreciate if someone could give me a hand to solve this problem since I don’t have access to the XBox 360 SDK.
If you notice any slow downs or other problems because of CLIArgsMadeEasy 2010, let me know.
If you like this add-in and want to support it, donate by clicking in the button:
ATTENTION: There is a known bug in CLIArgsMadeEasy2012. If you want the add-in to work properly, please make sure that it is visible in the Visual Studio’s toolbar BEFORE you open a solution, otherwise the add-in won’t behave like it should. This bug doesn’t impact your IDE experience. I’m currently working on a fix but it will take me some time to get it 100%. In the meanwhile you can use the version below.
You can download CLIArgsMadeEasy2012 v1.0 RC2 here. (for Visual Studio 2012)
Many thanks to Diogo Teixeira (aka fozi) for the add-in idea and testing of the program. And I also have to thank Matt Phillips for showing interest in the add-in which inspired me to make this second release.
Thanks to everyone who’s been reporting bugs and helping me building a stable version of CLIArgsMadeEasy.